Friday 26 October 2012

lamaze rusty the robot tattoo!

I went to the tattooist and got another tattoo!

I am a huge fan of tattoos and have about 25, my arms are covered and I have some on my legs and back.

My wife suggested to me to get a new tattoo for my birthday as I have not had one for years. I was very nervous as its been so long but thought I will go for it!

My son has a favorite toy called "Mr Robot" its the Rusty the Robot toy from Lamaze. I thought it would be really cool to have it at the top of my arm on the inside.



I then emailed a local tattooist called Mark Hardy from Victory Tattoos and told him what I was after and he was keen to have a consultation to have a look at Mr Robot. I arranged to see him last Monday the 22nd as I was passing his shop.

I got to the tattoo shop around dinner time and was greeted by Mark who was a really nice guy and seemed really genuine and interested in doing my tattoo. I saw some of his work on his website and he is amazing! I really could not wait for my 10AM appointment on the Friday 26th.

I was so nervous all week, worrying about the "what ifs" I was worried about the pain because I had not had one for years!

I arrived at Marks tattoo shop about 15 mins early on Friday and met Marks wife Beth who seemed really nice and they both made me feel really at ease. I was also offered a nice cup of coffee (Thanks Sam!) Mark then made sure the picture he had taken earlier in the week was the right size, it was so Mark got straight to work tracing the stencil.

Mark started tattooing me at about 10:45AM and was in a nice private booth which was nice. I soon remembered what the pain felt like but it wasn't too bad. They had Mumford and Sons playing in the shop which made me feel nice and relaxed.



The tattoo took about 3 and a half hours to complete and I really had enough by then! It was so sore but I am amazed at the finished art work! As you will see from the pictures on here how amazing Mark was, the detail was fantastic and I thought "its one of the best tattoos i have ever seen". Compared to my others, well there is no comparison!

I am thrilled with my new tattoo and have not stopped looking at it! I will be going to see Mark and the team at Victory Tattoos again very soon!

Mark if you are reading this, you are an amazing artist and I really thank you for doing a fantastic job on my tattoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...